HARRIERS were held to a 1-1 draw by play-off chasing Spennymoor Town at Aggborough Stadium.

Ashley Chambers had netted his eleventh goal of the season to pull Harriers level in the first half, after Spennymoor had stolen ahead through a devastating counter-attacking goal. 

The home side had arguably had the better of the game either side of the goals and can count themselves a little unlucky to not have taken all three points.

Going in to the tie, Jimmy Shan opted to hand a debut to new signing Austin Samuels, while fellow new arrival, Samir Nabi, made the bench. Ashley Chambers and Ryan Johnson also slotted back into the starting eleven.

Harriers, through Hemmings, started brightly enough with a low shot, and only a timely intervention prevented Shenton from nodding the Reds in front inside 14 minutes.

Past the half-hour, the former deftly played in Wolves loanee Samuels who shot beyond Gould in goal, but a covering clearance from James Curtis prevented him getting off the mark in composed fashion.

A few minutes later, a Gould fumble almost saw Hemmings get lucky with his attempt, but the Moors hit Harriers hard on the counter-attack moments later; Ramshaw slamming a squared pass into the back of the net as the hosts found themselves at a loss.

As often is the case, Harriers responded excellently and, within four minutes, they were level. Hemmings had seen a shot hooked off the line and, just after, he provided the ammunition for Chambers who nodded a back-header up and over the goalkeeper and into the net.

The second half was slower to start, but Harriers thought for a half-second they'd taken the lead on the hour through a Hemmings header, only for the linesman's flag to thwart him for offside. Samuels then raced on to a forward but and was only thwarted by some good defending by Spennymoor.

Moors efforts in the half were few and far between but, in quick succession as the game entered its final third, Taylor forced Mannion into a save and Johnson saw a free kick hit the woodwork. 

There was a brace of chances for the game to get a winning goal within the final nine minutes, and they both went Harriers' and Chambers' way, his angled, rising shot cleared off the line by the visitors before a close-range header sailed over the bar.

HARRIERS: Mannion, Shenton (Davidson 75), Austin, Johnson, Moyo, Lowe, Butterfield, Prosser, Hemmings, Chambers, Samuels (Freemantle 86).

Subs not used: Palmer, Nabi, Digie

Referee: Matt Corlett

Attendance: 1,259