HARRIERS were left to rue missed chances at play-off chasing Gloucester, conceding in the 92nd minute to draw the game 1-1.

The men from Aggborough were in front early in the tie and had a bag full of chances to put the game out of sight.

In the end they were made to pay, Gloucester rewarded for their persistence with a goal deep in added time to level matters.

On the back of last weekend’s draw with title chasers King’s Lynn Town, Harriers kept faith with a similar eleven. The only change was enforced, Nat Knight-Percival missing out for the first of a four-match suspension for his red card at Chester. In for him came Krystian Pearce.

Harriers controlled the first half and were ahead after just eight minutes. Gloucester goalkeeper Brandon Hall failed to clear a corner decisively, and when Ashley Hemmings fired a fierce follow-up against the bar, Byrne was on hand to head home the loose ball.

Hall redeemed himself three minutes later with a superb save to tip Kai Lissimore’s effort over the bar, Zak Brown then firing into the keeper’s chest as the visitors continued to press for more.

Just before the half hour, Harriers attacked with purpose and should’ve netted again when Joe Foulkes headed a Caleb Richards cross against the bar with Hall beaten.

The clearest chance for a second goal before the break came with 43 on the clock as roles were reversed, Foulkes crossing into the area and Richards picking it up before driving at goal, denied by an excellent Hall stop.

Harriers marshalled the Gloucester threat well but were under pressure on the hour when Kieran Phillips planted a header over the bar when in a good position.

One of Freemantle’s final efforts was to break free on goal but, at the last, see a shot blocked by a covering defender, and with ten minutes to go, Richards blazed over the target after working himself into a good position just outside the area.

In between those two efforts, Hemmings had the ball in the Gloucester net but the strike was ruled out for a tight looking offside.

Gloucester’s equaliser came two minutes into added time and at a point Harriers really ought to have scored two or three – it finally came back to bite the team as substitute Tope Odabeyi tucked the ball home from close range after the visitors failed to decisively clear a ball into the area.

Harriers are next in action when another play-off chasing side come to Worcestershire, Alfreton Town visiting Aggborough on Saturday, 25th.