PHIL Brown got his reign as Harriers Manager off to the perfect start with a sensational 4-2 comeback victory over Aldershot Town at Aggborough Stadium.

Brown’s charges kicked a 2-0 deficit into the dust to score four goals in a game for the first time this campaign and secure a much needed three points.

For his first foray into the Harriers dugout, Brown made four changes to the side that had last week progressed through to the last 16 of the FA Trophy with a penalty shoot-out win over Altrincham.

The headline of the quartet was a first start and debut for striker Sam Bellis, who arrived on loan from EFL League 2 side Barrow until the end of the season. Into the side also came Amari Morgan-Smith, Reiss McNally and Zak Brown.

Harriers were clearly eager to make a big first impression with a bright start, but it was Aldershot who netted first after just six minutes when a low cross into the area was slotted past Christian Dibble by Josh Stokes.

Worse was to follow. When Hemmings lost the ball in attack, he desperately sought to make amends with a charge the length of the field to challenge and ultimately foul Loret Tolaj in the opposite box. Cian Harries stepped up to take the resultant penalty to put the visitors two to the good.

That did spark Harriers into life and, by the break, they were back on level terms thanks to a double salvo from Hemmings, who more than made any amends needed. On the half-hour, it was he who converted from 12 yards after Amari Morgan-Smith had been fouled.

Eight minutes later and with tails up, it was 2-2. Harriers attacked well out wide and a hanging delivery from Caleb Richards arguably missed its intended target but fell handily to Hemmings who was able to turn on it and fire into the net with a low drive.

If Harriers got their first half off to the worst possible start, their second 45 was underway in ideal fashion when, on 48 minutes, the turnaround was complete. Alex Pennny’s looping cross was inviting for Morgan-Smith who duly diverted it just inside Jasper Sheik’s upright.

The hosts, in truth, never looked like losing their grip on the game from there and, six after the hour, were given a big chance to make it 4-2 when Morgan-Smith was fouled inside the area. For a second spot kick of the day, Hemmings stepped up once more but Sheik guessed correctly to parry away his effort.

Gold Omotayo was brought on as a 76th minute substitute and within 90 seconds arguably put the game beyond doubt. Hemmings had intercepted a lose ball and charged down on goal, going for goal while Omotayo was in space. Sheik pulled off a good save to thwart him, but was helpless to watch the former King's Lynn man tap home his second in Harriers colours.

In the second of six added minutes at the end game of the game, only another good Sheik shot prevented Morgan-Smith from converting a second from close range.

Brown now takes his Harriers side north to Hartlepool United for National League action on Tuesday (23rd) before a jaunt back down south to meet Dagenham next weekend.