WORCESTER City strolled into the last eight of the Isuzu FA Vase after a thumping win over local rivals Stourport Swifts in front of 1900 at Walshes Meadow on Saturday afternoon.

City dominated from start to finish and goals from Kyle Belmonte (2), Jamie Insall, Liam Lockett and Kirk Layton completed a comprehensive 5-1 victory, with Ben Tilbury's late goal nothing but a tiny consolation for a thoroughly disappointing Stourport side.

City came into the game without a number of key individuals including the likes of Calvin Dinsley, Connor Gater and centre-half Elliot Keightley, but it made little difference to Chris Cornes' men.

Centre-half Layton flicked a header past Swifts' keeper Jamie Emery after 24 minutes to give the visitors a deserved lead, just moments after the offside flag denied them an opener.

The second was a carbon copy of the first, with Insall this time wheeling away in celebrations having beaten Emery.

At 2-0, it was already looking a tall ask for Swifts, who struggled to have any sort of impact on the game, and the result was all but sealed on the stroke of half-time as Insall's back-heeled lay-off to Belmonte was curled over the head of a stranded Emery and into the back of the net.

The cup tie had already got away from the hosts and just before the hour, City added a fourth when Belmonte rifled home with a first-time shot to officially kill-off the tie.

It was to get worse for Stourport less than five minutes later. Insall's clever flick allowed Jordan Lymn to look up and cross a low ball into the path of the arriving Locket, who slid in to bundle the ball home.

Play was halted with around 15 minutes to play when police and stewards were forced to intervene with an incident behind the goal where the City and Stourport fans were separated by fencing.

After a delay of six minutes, the game resumed and at last, the home side managed to put some passes together and it culminated in a consolation goal for striker Tilbury.

But that was as good as it got for the hosts, who were well-beaten by a superb City side, who showed once again why they are favourties to win this competition.

They will discover their quarter-final opponents on Monday afternoon when the draw is made live on TalkSport 2 at 3.15pm.