AMARI Morgan-Smith’s late goal earned Harriers a deserved point in a battling 1-1 draw against AFC Fylde.

The striker equalised after a shift of real graft for Phil Brown’s side who, with the point, move back up to 21st in the table and within two points of Wealdstone in 20th.

The home side made just a single change to the starting eleven following Saturday's tense, goalless draw against York City at Aggborough. After an impressive cameo off the bench, on loan Bromley man Todd Miller was rewarded with a starting berth, with the tireless Sam Bellis dropping to the bench.

On the bench, there were signs of encouragement for Brown with the emergence of Sam Robinson in a match day squad for the first time since his injury back in January, while Alex Penny was also back in the 16 after missing the last two matches through illness.

In search of an early goal, Harriers began brightly and forced successive corners, Cole Kpekawa rising to meet one delivery with a header that goalkeeper Theo Richardson tipped over the angle of bar and post.

That spurred the visitors into action and Christian Dibble was busied six minutes later when marksman Nick Haughton took aim, a breakthrough coming past the half-hour thanks to an incisive counter attack that saw Josh Kay feed Haughton who blasted into the net.

Former Chorley man Jon Ustabasi was in a good position to extend that lead three minutes before the break as indecision reared its head in the home back line, but his hooked effort angled wide of the target.

Harriers produced a clear chance within seconds of the restart when Jack Lambert shot across goal when played through, a faint Richardson touch helping the effort on its way past the target.

Searching for a formula to revive the night, Brown introduced Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Penny near the hour and, soon after, the former thundered an effort off the foot of the post with an unsuspecting Richardson beaten all ends up.

The Coasters were doing a solid job of shutting down home advances, but Lambert and Hemmings did occasionally find some joy and combined well, setting up Zak Brown on 78 minutes, who volleyed over the bar.

Finally, Harriers did have their leveller with just seven minutes left of normal time, Morgan-Smith following up after Richardson had reacted well to save his initial effort inside the area.

Harriers are back in National League action this weekend as they travel to title-chasing Bromley, kick-off 3:00pm.