HARRIERS grabbed another priceless point in their battle against the National League drop with a cagey 0-0 draw at promotion-chasing Bromley.

The Ravens, who look a certain bet for the play-offs this season and who’re also a round away from Wembley in the FA Trophy Final, offered little threat to the visitors across a quiet afternoon.

Equally, Harriers failed to create enough clear-cut opportunities of their own but did have the better of what openings there were in the second half.

The point, in all honesty, changed precious little at the bottom of the division, save for tightening the pack even further and increasing the urgency with which Harriers need to start converting draws back into wins.

Harriers had made three changes to their starting eleven for the game, adopting a more robust approach by bolstering their attack and having Jay Emmanuel-Thomas make his first start for the club, joining Gold Omotayo in a side that still featured attackers Amari Morgan-Smith and Ashley Hemmings.

After missing match time through injury, Alex Penny was also back involved, while Matt Preston was handed a berth on the substitutes’ bench.

An uneventful first half passed almost without incident, though Bromley thought they’d taken the lead on the half-hour, only for Michael Cheek’s effort to be chalked off for offside.

Harriers were improved in the second half and, early after the restart, Ashley Hemmings struck off target before Krystian Pearce saw his header saved by home shot-stopper Grant Smith.

Two further chances materialised, both from the bench as Phil Brown made changes to try and force a breakthrough.

First, Jack Lambert hit a rising effort from 18 yards that Smith held well before, on the break, before the other two subs combined in the lively Sam Bellis and Robinson. Bellis kept the ball from going out of play and took it forward, playing in Robinson with a clear sight of goal, his shot always rising and flying over the bar.

Though Harriers finished the stronger of the two sides, a more lacklustre first period left Brown more downbeat. He said after the game: "I'm just disappointed we didn't take the game to Bromley. In the first half I thought we were waiting to be beaten.

"I actually said that to the players and I don't like talking negatively by any stretch of the imagination, but we were just waiting to get beat, so harsh words were said at half time, and there was a bit of a response.

"We huffed and puffed in the first half, and I wanted more."

Harriers are on the road once more next Saturday, 23rd, as they visit Wealdstone.