Woking 2, Harriers 3

A DEVASTATING display saw Harriers inflict Woking’s first home defeat in the Vanarama Conference on Saturday.

After scoring just once in their five previous away games, Gary Whild’s team found their ruthless side with a three goal burst in eight first half minutes.

In the 21st minute, Reece Styche rifled home after Michael Gash had flicked on Kevin Nicholson’s long throw-in.

Moments later, Marvin Johnson’s close range volley from the same move drew a superb point blank save by Ross Worner.

But Gash made it 2-0 in the 26th when he hit the target from 12 yards after Kyle Storer’s free-kick had outfoxed the home defence.

Storer completed the goal glut in the 29th, when his effort took a sizeable deflection off Mike Cestnor to beat Worner.

Woking hit back and Rendell headed in a reply four minutes into the second half but the expected backlash was contained by Harriers.

Gash saw a header clip the bar in the 55th minute and had an effort ruled out for offside.

Rendell then bundled the ball into the back of the net with his hand for a disallowed effort and steering a header wide.

Cards manager Garry Hill made a triple substitution in the 83rd minute and replacement wideman Adam Newton crossed for Jack Marriott who, beginning his third loan spell from Ipswich, nodded home in the 87th minute.

Woking threw the kitchen sink at Harriers in six minutes of injury time, but were denied by inspired keeper Danny Lewis.

He showed razor sharp reflexes to block Rendell’s close range effort and minutes later pull out a one-handed stop to deny Theo Lewis.

“We’ve scored three great goals, defended heroically and I am delighted with the three points,” said the manager.

HARRIERS: Lewis 8, Hodgkiss 7, STORER 8, Dunkley 7, Byrne 7, Johnson 7 (Gittings, 77), Gash 7 (Blissett, 74), Styche 7 (Reid, 65), Verma 7, Nicholson 7, Gowling 7. Subs not used: Green, Obeng.

WOKING: Worner, Cestor, McNerney, Payne, Murtagh (Newton, 83), Rendell, Marriott, Jones, Goddard (Lewis, 83), Morgan (Morgan 83), Arthur. Subs not used: Cole, Arnold. Referee: Robert Whitton Attendance: 1524