Wrexham 1, Harriers 0

A LATE Elliott Durell goal denied Harriers a hard-earned point in North Wales on Tuesday night.

With six minutes left to play, Kidderminster failed to clear a Dragons attack after defending resolutely all game.

Neil Ashton’s cross was held up well by Andy Bishop who set up Durrell to lash a deflected effort into the back of the net.

In a game of little clear-cut goal mouth action, both Harriers and Wrexham had looked likely to keep a clean sheet and take a share of the spoils.

Gary Whild’s men saw their best efforts formed in similar fashion – all were shaped by a low cross from the byline which whistled past the goalmouth, simply needing a man in the right place at the right time to sneak the ball home.

Winger Marvin Johnson pestered Wrexham in the second half and forged attacks down the left, while Michael Gash headed wide on more than one occasion.

Two evenly-matched teams contested a physical encounter but it was Wrexham who emerged victorious when a draw would have been a fairer result.

Speaking after the game, assistant manager Mark Creighton said: “I think we definitely deserved something from the game. The first half was a bit of a stalemate for both sides and showed two good teams cancelling each other out.

“In the second half Wrexham rarely troubled us and didn’t really get into our half. I honestly thought that if any team was going to nick it, it would be us.

“But they’ve had a shot that’s taken a massive deflection and unfortunately we’re going home with nothing.

“The players are gutted, and the job Gary and I have now is to pick their chins up because there was nothing in that performance that we can really have a pop at them about.

“We came here for all three points and we’re gutted that we’ve gone away empty-handed; I don’t think we could have done much more than we did.

“All we can do now is take three points off Telford on Saturday and get back on track.”

WREXHAM: Bachmann, Carrington, Smith, Hudson, Ashton, York (Bishop, 69), Keates, Clarke, Durrell (Hunt, 88), Moult, Jennings Subs not used: White, Bailey-Jones, Holman.

HARRIERS: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Storer, Dunkley, Byrne, Johnson, Gash, Styche (Reid, 69), Verma, Nicholson, Gowling. Subs not used: Green, Blissett, Obeng, Gittings Referee: Adrian Holmes Attendance: 3149 l Meanwhile, Harriers' fans team were involved in a goal-laden clash but lost 6-3 to Woking’s supporters in Surrey on Saturday.

They travelled to Woking with just nine players available in their squad, which included three goalkeepers.

Harriers also handed a debut to Paul Green, who marked his first appearance with a goal.

The visitors put in a spirited performance against the odds, with John Dicks grabbing a brace that included one from the half way line.

Organisers are hoping for more players when they they tackle local rivals Telford on Saturday. Their next game is then a trip to Halifax on Saturday, October 18.