Ten-man Harriers battled to a 0-0 draw at Guiseley on Saturday on an afternoon that could easily have seen them come away with all three points.

The Reds looked to be in trouble after Mark Carrington was sent off early in the second half, but they rallied well and had two big chances to win it at the death of what was an end-to-end clash.

Prior to kick off, there was bad news on the injury front for Harriers as it emerged that Ethan Freemantle would miss out through a knee injury, bringing an end to his good form and run in the team at the start of this campaign.

In a tight first half, Harriers had the better of the early chances and could have been head on nine minutes as a deep cross from Sterling found Hemmings at the far post, the Harriers No.10 just nodding wide after timing his run well.

Ten minutes later it was Austin with the sight of goal. Again Sterling was involved; spotting Austin’s dangerous run into the area and finding the right ball, Austin forcing goalkeeper Jordan Amissah into a low save.

In truth that was as much as the Reds had before Guiseley took over – Lebrun Mbeka’s cross finding Jacob Gratton in the area who shot at Simpson on 27 minutes before, seven minutes later, Simpson denied the same player after he’d got goal side of his man.

That pressure from the hosts was relentless and, despite a bright start for them to the second half, it was actually Harriers who went closest early when, on 49 minutes, Bell hit the post with a good header off Austin’s cross.

Any momentum building there was stunted three minutes later when the visitors were reduced to ten – Carrington’s challenge in the middle of the park on Lewis Hey adjudged to be reckless by Dean Watson who flashed red.

Cameron and Guisley’s Gratton both then had efforts off target, before Harriers had two huge opportunities to steal ahead on the break. First, on 75 minutes, Sterling was through on goal after a strong run and saw a firm shot well saved – the goalkeeper would’ve been helpless to prevent a follow-up, but Austin could only manage to stab it agonisingly wide.

Mopping up danger at the other end, Harriers were again breaking with six left to play when Austin set off, a lung-busting run taking him half the length of the pitch before Amissah denied him with yet another strong stop.

Gratton did then fire wide on an angle for Guiseley in the dying seconds, with a goalless end to a game that could have realistically had any score imaginable.

Harriers: Simpson, Richards, Cameron, Austin, Carrington, Hemmings, Sterling (White 86), Foulkes, Bell (Montrose 54), Martin, Bajrami.

Subs not used: Lowe, Penny, Emery.

Attendance: 656 Referee: Dean Watson