Harriers edged back up to fourth in National League North after another thumping win, a 3-0 success at Aggborough over AFC Telford.

Alex Penny, Ashley Hemmings and Nathan Cameron scored to pick up another three points for Russ Penn’s men, who’ve now won on four consecutive Saturday afternoons, all in front of their own fans.

Another crowd of more than 2,200 turned out to see the in-form Reds produce a first half display that, in the words of their boss, ‘blew away’ the Bucks who slumped to another defeat to continue a miserable run of their own.

Even more impressive is that it followed up the shock FA Cup win over Grimsby Town – this pleasing Penn more than anything else after the game.

He explained: “The performance was the main thing for me. I looked for an excuse this week and a hangover after Grimsby, and I haven’t found one.

“The lads have driven themselves and, when you have the momentum like we have at the moment, it’s a good thing.

“We were professional today and were right at it from the start.

“We had pace and energy and in the first half an hour we blew them away.”

Penn had always been faced with a tough call prior to the game with the return of Geraldo Bajrami from suspension and the imperious performance of his replacement against Grimsby in Keith Lowe.

In the end, the Aggborough chief opted for bringing back the former in an otherwise unchanged team, and one that in terms of serious chances never saw them threatened.

Harriers were surging forward from the off and quickly created chances. Goalkeeper Griffiths had already pulled off a tremendous save to claw away a Hemmings header that looked destined for the net when the opener came on 27 minutes – a corner met by Penny who planted an effort high into the net.

Within minutes it was two and, realistically, game cover. Bajrami strode forward and released Richards, whose perfectly weighted ball found Hemmings who finished excellently with his head to continue his own purple patch of form.

The second half was more subdued comparatively, with Harriers still very much in control as Richards and Austin went close.

Their third goal arriving three after the hour. Sterling – voted sponsors Man of the Match – lofted in a free kick that sparked bedlam in the area, Cameron eventually slamming it home from six yards to make sure.

There was a moment of concern for fans as Penny was forced off late on through injury, with Penn relaxed after the game in confirming he expects the defender to be fine.

Harriers: Simpson, Penny (Martin 86), Richards, Cameron, Bajrami, Carrington, Austin (Clayton-Phillips 76), Hemmings, Sterling, Morgan-Smith (Freemantle 71), Bonds Subs not used: Lowe, White