In-form Harriers kept up their strong run of form by running riot in front of goal once again with a 4-1 win at Alfreton Town.

As well as reaching the FA Cup Second Round in November, recent weeks in the league have seen a 4-0 win over Spennymoor, a 5-1 smashing of Bradford Park Avenue and a convincing 3-0 victory over AFC Telford.

Four more goals followed at the Impact Arena with a Sam Austin brace setting the team on their way to a comfortable three points. Omari Sterling and Amari Morgan-Smith were also on target.

The win means Harriers have lost just once in their last four outings in all competitions, with confidence clearly high in the camp.

“It was a tough, tough game and a tough place to come,” reflected Jimmy O’Connor, the Harriers Assistant Manager at full-time.

“I thought we stood up to the challenge really well.

“We dealt with the bombardment that you’re always going to get, and I thought we scored a few goals at the other end as well.

“I thought our back four and our two midfield players in particular – and our goalkeeper – and it gives us a platform to go and play football at the other end.

“It’s all about building momentum because I think we’re in a good place at the moment, on and off the pitch at the club.”

Harriers went into the clash at the Impact Arena with an unchanged starting eleven, with the injured Ethan Freemantle’s omission from the bench the only change to the 16.

The visitors took just eight minutes to take the lead, Austin latching onto a Mark Carrington pass before firing smartly into the far corner.

Alfreton hit-man Matt Rhead nodded over for the hosts before the half-hour before Austin’s second arrived, a smart follow-up after goalkeeper George Willis could only parry a shot from Ashley Hemmings.

A third followed four minutes later when Sterling struck from fully 30 yards, a drive that dipped lethally beyond Willis and in the net, though Harriers were swiftly reminded of the hosts’ presence when they pulled one back a few minutes later as Branson headed home unchallenged from a corner.

With the second half just eight minutes old, Harriers bagged a fourth and killed the contest stone dead; a ball played perfectly into the path of Morgan-Smith who coolly finished past Willis for his first league goal of the campaign.

Sterling would go on to strike the bar from a free-kick as the men from Aggborough saw out the win without needing to extend themselves.

Harriers: Simpson, Penny, Cameron, Bajrami, Richards, Carrington, Bonds, Austin (Martin 87), Hemmings (White 82), Sterling (Clayton-Phillips 72), Morgan-Smith.

Subs not used: Emery, Lowe Attendance: 597 Referee: Adam Williamson