Kidderminster Harriers produced another FA Cup shock with Assistant boss Jimmy O’Connor admitting their win over FC Halifax left everyone “emotional.”

National League North side Harriers produced a comprehensive performance to knock out the Shaymen who play a league above.

The 2-0 victory was secured thanks to an early goal from Amari Morgan-Smith as well as another tremendous Ashley Hemmings strike.

It stretched Harriers’ recent unbeaten run to ten matches – including seven straight wins – with a crowd of 4,200 packed into Aggborough to see it.

That left fans, staff and players visibly emotional, with O’Connor explaining after the game: “We obviously knew we were going to have a big crowd today and that it was going to be a factor.

“We said there’s no point having a big crowd if you don’t give them something to get behind, by my word didn’t we do that in that first half an hour especially?

“They came with us like they have been doing all season, and there were quite a lot of emotions.

“We were emotional, the players were, and you could see it on the faces of the supporters at the end.

“That’s unbelievable. Fantastic.”

The tone for the afternoon was set as early as the third minute; Hemmings playing in Morgan-Smith who stepped on to the ball and turned it beyond the Halifax goalkeeper and into the far corner of the net.

That left Halifax stunned and on 17 minutes they were shellshocked, Hemmings going from provider to scorer by turning expertly in the area, slamming the ball into the net for tenth goal of the season.

Sterling, always a threat, twice then tested goalkeeper Thompson with a troublesome corner and a shot from 12 yards as the home side continued to dominate.

Halifax had used all five of their allotted substitutions relatively early but despite a brief rally just after the restart, they never managed to seriously trouble Luke Simpson.

With 20 to go, on-loan Elliot Bonds came within a whisker of making it 3-0 with a superb turn on the ball and low shot. Thompson was beaten but the ball clipped the post and went wide.

Sterling went on to warm Thompson’s gloves with nine left to play, with five minutes of added time not enough for Halifax to find anything close to a chink in their armour.

With a fifth FA Cup win of the season under their belts, Harriers now head back to league action with away trips at Boston United and Curzon Ashton.