MARCUS Dinanga struck a dramatic injury time winner to help Harriers to a 1-0 win at Darlington in National League North.

Russ Penn’s outfit are still riding high after last weekend’s incredible win over Championship side Reading in the FA Cup – a success they followed up just days later with a 2-1 victory against Farsley.

That superb winning run continued up north at Blackwell Meadows, and while Harriers were well worth their lates three points, they had to wait for it – Dinanga’s header heading in the winner just a few minutes after coming off the bench as a substitute.

That ended a frantic first half that saw the visitors very much on the front foot – something assistant boss Jimmy O’Connor noted at full time.

He reflected: "The first half in particular was very cagey with two well organised sides and nobody wanting to give anything away.

"We said at half time it was a professional away performance for the first half, [but] we'd have to try and turn the screw if you want to win the game.

"In the second half I thought the effort was there from minute one to go on and win the game."

Sam Austin and Alex Penny had Harriers’ earliest chances on the day, the latter forcing a low save from goalkeeper Taylor.

Austin would then play Hemmings through on goal who was denied by another stop from Taylor who sprawled to meet it.

The clearest sight of a breakthrough in the first half came in its dying seconds; a deep cross finding Hemmings at the far post who somehow headed off target from just a couple of yards.

Not long after the restart a moment of controversy saw Harriers net through Austin, only for play to be brought back for a foul after the goal had initially appeared to be given.

Though Lambert arrowed an effort wide for Darlington just after the hour, it was Harriers who were the most forward-thinking of the two sides, going close again Sterling and Carrington.

Deep into injury time the winner came – all three subs involved as White and Freemantle set Austin away, his deep cross finding Dinanga at the far post whose header bounced over the keeper and into the far corner.

It was a victory that owed much to those who came on during the second half, O’Connor adding: "All three of them of them looked really lively when they came on.

"They were thrown on in tough circumstances when you're in the heat of the battle and both teams are fully at it.

"That's credit to them to have the professionalism to be watching the game, taking it in and then coming and settle straight in."

There’s little respite for Harriers – up next for them is a derby clash against Hereford at Edgar Street on Tuesday night (7:45pm).