HARRIERS stormed from behind to seal a 2-2 draw at Chester in National League North.

Four goals in the second half saw the points shared after what was comparatively a forgettable first 45.

Despite the flurry – including two goals in the final 18 minutes for the visitors – thoughts in the Harriers camp were very much with Cliff Moyo after the defender appeared to suffer another serious injury in the closing stages.

Moyo played his first minutes of football at Aggborough since pre-season just seven days prior after a serious achilles injury but left the field on a stretcher at the Deva Stadium amid concern over another potentially long lay-off.

That dominated much of the talk post-match, with Assistant Manager Jimmy O’Connor stating the former Alfreton man may have suffered serious damage to his other achilles.

“It’s not great, it looks like a similar injury to the last one, [but] on the other leg, so how’s your luck?

“The guy has been an absolute beacon to what it takes to be a footballer with his application over the last nine months since his injury.

“You saw it last week, the reaction [to his goal] from the players, the staff and everyone… he means a lot to this club.”

A quiet opening period that passed almost without any serious incident at all, suddenly burst into life after the restart.

The home side went ahead after a switch-off at the back saw Darren Stephenson pick up the ball before driving it coolly past Luke Simpson and into the back of the Harriers net at the hour.

With the Reds struggling to adjust, it was swiftly 2-0. Simpson pushed a distance effort from Declan Weeks into the path of George Glendon, with the Chester man fouled as he tried to finish the rebound. That saw the Seals awarded a penalty, that Marcus Dackers tucked home confidently.

Harriers knew they’d always get chances against one of the league’s most porous defences, and it was perhaps no surprise when they pulled a goal back seven minutes later. A ball back to Chester goalkeeper Louis Gray was cleared by the stopper into the path of Amari Morgan-Smith who steadied himself before firing home.

With the pressure on, Harriers kept their foot on the peddle and were rewarded with an equaliser eight from time – Hemmings with a cross into the area that Sterling turned back goalwards, helped on its way into the net by a defender on the stretch.

Russ Penn’s men always looked the more likely to add a winning goal – before and after Moyo’s unfortunate injury – but had to settle with a point.