ORGANISERS of a First World War exhibition are searching for information on nurses who treated service personnel at Bleak House in Areley Kings from 1914 to 1918.
The exhibition, which is being held on October 16 and 17 at Church House, Areley Kings, will include the names of people from the village and the surrounding area who helped soldiers during the war.
A Red Cross hospital was opened at Bleak House on October 24, 1914 and before it closed on December 21, 1918, had treated 448 soldiers, who had been wounded.
Organisers have a photograph which shows some of the nurses who worked at the hospital, which later became the Severn Manor.
They would like to hear from anyone who recognises any of the nurses, or has stories of the old hospital, to contact Mary Arden-Davis on 01299 871477.
The exhibition will accompany a performance in St Bartholomew’s Church, which tells the story of Areley Kings in the First World War in words, music and song.