Dishwasher fire 'lucky not to cause more damage'

Dishwasher fire 'lucky not to cause more damage'

Dishwasher fire 'lucky not to cause more damage'

First published in Local Kidderminster Shuttle: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A DISHWASHER which caught fire in a semi-detached house in Stourport last night was contained by Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service.

Crews from Stourport and Kidderminster were alerted to the incident in Lower Lickhill Road at 9.30pm.

The fire did not spread from the dishwasher and Len Rees, Watch Commander, said the owners were very lucky the fire did not cause damage the rest of the property.

“We want to make it clear to the public that they should ensure dishwashers are not kept on overnight while they are sleeping, as incidents like this can happen,” he said.

The crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put the fire out as well as a ventilation fan inside the property to remove the smoke.

The dishwasher was also removed from the house.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree