HARRIERS were handed their heaviest defeat of the season as they went down 3-0 at Salford City.

The Aggborough outfit had been forced into two changes from the side that defeated Worcester City last time out.

The suspended Ryan Croasdale, serving a ban for a sending off on Boxing Day, was replaced in the starting eleven by Ryan Croasdale, while Sam Austin came into the eleven to replace the injured Zaine Francis-Angol.

The visitors had to weather an early storm; within four minutes Salford had gone close with one change – a low shot from James Poole that whistled past Alex Palmer’s post, and found the net with a Mike Phenix effort that was ruled offside.

Harriers, as ever, were a threat on the break and went close early when Ngwatala saw his low shot held well by Jay Lynch, the goalkeeper also coming quickly to gather at the feet of Sam Austin as he looked to cause problems.

Palmer showed good reactions on 20 minutes when, with the ball lofted into the area, Grand got his head on it and forced it towards the target, Lynch then up at the other end doing well to fist away a James McQuilkin free-kick.

Seven minutes later, Dieseruvwe forced the ball off target as he latched well on to a driven Ngwatala cross to cap a strong spell of pressure for the visitors, Gnahoua then going within inches of giving side the breakthrough as his curling shot only narrowly missed the bottom corner.

Harriers had a big chance immediately after the re-start to take the lead but, after being set free by Ngwatala, Dieseruvwe could only roll the ball wide of the far post on the angle with just the goalkeeper to beat.

Simon Grand went close with a Salford header that Palmer punched clear, that coming around the hour mark and before Gnahoua again sent another effort just wide.

Salford took the lead on 65 minutes, Hine getting on the end of a cross that hung high in the air to the far post, the Salford man applying the touch to direct it past Palmer and put his team in front.

Harriers threatened to draw level through Knights but, in truth, never looked like producing the kind of response we’ve seen to recent adversities and, on 78 minutes, Salford doubled their lead as substitute Hulme danced around challenges before slotting past Palmer.

Harriers did their best to try and fashion a late rally, but the game was finally put to bed when a fast counter saw Hine given the whole of the half to run in to; he charged down on goal and gave Palmer no chance to score his second of the day.

HARRIERS: Palmer, Williams (Truslove 76), Lowe, Tunnicliffe, Austin, Carter (Brown 76), Ngwatala, McQuilkin, Gnahoua, Waite (Knights 57), Dieseruvwe.

Subs not used: Thomas, Digie Referee: Kevin Sarsfield Attendance: 1,298