KEITH LOWE’S late goal gave Harriers their first away win of 2017 as they beat Tamworth 4-3 at The Lamb Going into the game, there was one chance for Harriers as new signing, Joe Ironside, was thrust straight into the starting line-up following confirmation of his move earlier that day.

Fresh from a fantastic performance despite a bittersweet result at Fylde a few days prior, Harriers started well on a chilly night at the Lamb and, doing some early pressing, nearly established an early lead as Elton Ngwatala took aim from distance and forced a good parry from goalkeeper James Belshaw.

Up at the other end with eleven on the clock, Hornby was twice in action to keep out efforts from the lively Connor Taylor, while Harriers were dealt a blow ten minutes later as central defender Jordan Tunnicliffe was forced off through injury.

The blows would continue to come, though – two big ones in the space of space of seven minutes in fact, as the home side established a commanding lead, Danny Newton forcing home from a yard out after Harriers failed to clear a free-kick, before Reece Styche powered a spot-kick past Hornby having been upended in the area.

Harriers needed a way back into the game before the break and they managed it with barely seconds to spare, the script well written for Ironside to pop up with a goal on his debut as he hooked the ball over the line from a McQuilkin cross.

Belshaw was again the object of frustration for Harriers fans as fine saves kept out well-taken efforts from Croasdale and Ironside early in the second period, but he was powerless to stop the equaliser when it came on 61 minutes, Williams nodding the ball past him as he rose to meet another fine cross.

Williams did well up at the other end to block off a shot from Taylor with just over 20 left to play, before Ironside got his second by giving his team the lead, a close-range power finish coming as he picked up the scraps when Belshaw spilled a Truslove shot.

That wouldn’t be the end of the drama, though; with just four minutes left of normal time the Lambs found themselves back on level terms as substitute Deeney rocketed in a sublime strike from the better part of 25 yards.

That proved to be that – on Saturday! On this Tuesday night, though there was more – joy for the 250 Harriers fans as skipper Lowe climbed high to net for the second game running.

HARRIERS: Hornby, Ezewele, Francis-Angol, Tunnicliffe (Williams 22), Lowe, Croasdale, McQuilkin, Ngwatala, Austin (Truslove 46), Nti (Waite 84) Ironside.

Subs not used: Brown, Knights.

Referee: Richard Wild Attendance: 860